Best All Around Sci-Fi Fantasy Movies
The Wonder of Sci-Fi Movies
One of the most popular genres throughout the history of the big screen, sci-fi has taken many shapes and forms as directors and actors alike have brought it to life in a variety of ways. There are many classic sci-fi movies that have an appeal that is not present in other genres. Many of these classic sci-fi flicks are considered to be classics; they are often the movies that parents watch with their children in order to give them a taste of pop culture. While there are several movies like that, there are a few that stand out above the rest. Here is a list of them.
Best Sci-Fi Fantasy Movies
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. This movie debuted in 1982, and since that time has captured the hearts and minds of the young and old alike. It follows the story of an alien, E.T., as he finds himself on the earth and attempts to make it back to his home. The directors of E.T. worked to help the movie capture the essence of childhood, which makes this a great family movie. It focuses on the time in a child’s life when the world seems to be full of endless possibilities.
- Gravity. This Sandra Bullock film was recently released in 2013. It tells the story of two astronauts who go into space, get separated from the space shuttle, and have to figure out how to survive. For sci-fi fans, this movie is the perfect combination of heart-warming and explorative. It explores the realms of deep space, a theme that has been constant in sci-fi movies since their creation.
- Alien. This classic sci-fi movie was released in 1973, but it is still as popular today as it was over forty years ago. This movie features a team of astronauts whose shuttle gets invaded by aliens. While it is without a doubt a classic movie for sci-fi lovers, this movie is geared towards people who prefer horror movies within this genre. Regardless, it is still one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.
- Star Trek. No list of sci-fi movies would be complete without some mention of Star Trek. This movie series has shaped the genre of scientific fiction as we know it today. There have been near a dozen movies made under the name of Star Trek, in addition to a long-running television show that was successful. Fans of Star Trek of loved to watch the adventures of Captain Kirk and Spock as they journey through space. With the most recent installation of Star Trek being released only a few years ago, it is obvious that this series is still as popular now as it was when it first began.
- Star Wars. Star Wars is yet another movie series that seemingly must be present on a sci-fi movie list in order for it to be complete. There have been six Star Wars movies made, and plans for three more movies under this name have been made and their approximate release dates released. The adventures of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia have left children, teenagers, and adults all wondering what life must be like in that galaxy far, far away where Star Wars takes place.
The Future of the Sci-Fi Genre
Sci-fi has been one of the most captivating film genres since its creation. As people continue to explore our world, our galaxy, and the realms of space, new inspirations for various movies of scientific fiction are constantly on the rise. Whether it is a new idea for a space exploration movie or a new idea for an alien invasion movies, sci-fi movies are often met by large audiences when they hit theaters. With the past success of this incredible genre, it is sure to continue being a popular one in the years to come.